Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pani's Mini-Coop

I was really getting tired of Pani's little dog crate house, so I decided to turn the old table saw table that we had into a little mini-coop for her! I used the old metal table frame, some scrap plywood, some roofing paper, old tin sheeting and a piece of semi transparent fiberglass... I think it came out pretty nicely! Eventually I'm planning on using this for a "Silkie Love-Shack!" so I thought the love bird artwork was fitting. (As is the tin roof... if anyone remembers the lyrics to "Love Shack"!!)
















The other chicks love to nap underneath the mini-coop. They spend a lot of time under there in the afternoon when the sun is shining from that direction.



2 comments:

sugarcreekstuff said...

Chickens and scrounging??? My kind of gal.

Unknown said...

Hahaha! If you look farther back at the post about building my big coop and the run I "scrounged" all of that material too! I'm a BIG "recycler". I think I bought one 2x3 board for part of the fence and that was IT! (Oh, and the paint...) It's all about finding crud and turning into gold! :P