Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Marilyn Monroe has a Boo-Boo!

Well, I've named the 2 Turken chicks we picked up at the chicken sale. The blond one is Marilyn Monroe and the brunette is Audrey Hepburn.


Marilyn developed a bump on her neck and I thought "Oh great, naked AND warty!" but it turns out it might be an ingrown feather. I was watching them the other day and noticed that she had scratched the lump and it was open! The other chicks were grabbing the wound and twisting it . OUCH!! So I have her in isolation and have medicated the wound. From what I hear it should take about a week to heal up.


In other (happier) news, the male leghorns are REALLY noticeable!! Their combs are getting HUGE! The hatchery said they sent 2 males, but it looks like they sent 3. *sigh*

They are even doing little rooster face-offs where they just STARE at each other... They think they're so tough... They're only 4 weeks old!! Ahh!!

For comparison, this is what the girl leghorns look like right now... Just a TINY little comb...


Pani has had a visitor in her new home... A wild bird has figured out where her food dish is and has been pilfering her pellets!!! BAD BIRD!! Pani doesn't seem to really care.. and actually just looks confused by the whole thing. I have some video of the theft... I'll add it later on (when the internet is better behaved!!)

That's all for now! I'm sure I'll post again soon! :)

No comments: